Sunday, July 22, 2012

Sweet Summer

This year is flying by, it's hard to believe that July is almost over. It's been an insanely hot summer too, some days we've reached 108*, being pregnant in weather like this has been no picnic. Thank goodness for ice cold lemonade and refrigerated air.

The baby is doing well, growing nice and big. I have a cute little ultrasound photo to show you. It's a little hard to make out but Ashlyn is sticking her tongue out, little stinker.


The big kids are getting excited for school Mathias is going to be in kindergarten this year and Isabella is headed for head start. I took them both for haircuts last week and boy did they need them. My kids no longer resemble Cousin It. 

Last weekend Mat and I hit up our LYS Village Wools. I was searching for some wool to make a baby blanket and Mathias fell in love with a pot holder loom. Mat also found some beautiful electric blue roving, he wants me to teach him how to spin!! (squeee1!) A swipe of a credit card later and both of us were happy shoppers. 

Not much going on with knitting this week. I'm still working on my Wingspan. It's not a very entertaining knit and I'm not entirely sure I love the gauge it's coming out with. I'm using Poems Sock in colorway 960 Cotton Candy. It's a pretty sock yarn, very squishy and a little fluffy. 




No comments:

Post a Comment