Thursday, March 25, 2010

Knitting, finally!

So I actually have a FO! I made a pair of the cutest baby booties for my SIL's baby. I used the One Hour Baby Booties from Stitch N' Bitch's Knitting Nation. They came out great! They look a little like eggs but I guess that's just what I think of them, they are however harder then heck to get a pic of. So I gave up and here's a fuzzy one!

I started a baby blanket to go with the booties, my SIL lives in Phoenix so I knit it out of cotton instead of wool. It's the Wave Blanket from Loop Knits. I only have 2 rows of colors so far and I'm using thinner bands of them. But I'm love how ti's going so far!

I'm working on a few other projects as well, A cute little summer tank top for Bella. It's out of Sugar n' Cream worsted cotton and it's coming along well. I messed up a bit on were I started the color change for the strap but I'm not sure how to fix it and I figure she'll be grown out of it soon so it doesn't need to be perfect. Also, I'm lazy. =) I'm so glad she isn't talking yet, so she can't say if she likes what I'm knitting for her or not. Mathias on the other hand is very vocal and would like a green ninja hat, now, please.

Last but not least my messenger bag from Pints n' Purls. I'm really loving the color of the cascade 220 so far and I can't wait to felt the bag. Red is one of my fave colors and this is just the perfect version. I have a hope that this will be my new knitting bag and I think it's going to fit the bill well.  I've found the pattern to be super easy to follow (it's rated 3 beers in the book) and overall it's a fun simple knit. Just how I like 'em.

Tomorrow I get to go to my knitting group in Santa Fe and I can't tell you how excited I am to see my girls there! It's been to long and I have so much to talk to them about! Life has just been in the way lately and I'm glad I'm taking the time to go do something I love with people who love it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment