Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pumpkin bread and baby knits

Last year there was a state wide shortage of canned pumpkin (I know, I know fresh is better, I'm a lazy baker.) On a trip to Santa Fe to visit my dad, I decided to stop at a local grocery store to see if maybe, just maybe they had canned pumpkin. I hit a pumpkin jackpot! I was so excited to finally have found canned pumpkin, that I may have gone a little over board and bought.......all the cans they had. Maybe. Ok I did it. 20 cans of pumpkin later....I still have canned pumpkin.

Since it's finally cooled down outside I feel like baking again. Today I made my simple pumpkin bread. I'm glad I took a picture when it was done because it was gone and finished before dinner.


I hope my family still loves pumpkin by the end of the month, because mama still has 19 cans left. 

We're hoping to add another baby to our family in the next year or so. And being a knitter I like to be prepared. I started a sweet little cardigan called Springtime Baby Cardi by Kaity Von Rader. It's quick, simple and sweet. Everything a baby knit should be. 


I'm looking for a simple baby blanket pattern too. If you have any recommendations, that would be awesome!

-Lea

1 comment:

  1. I'm totally jealous of your canned pumpkin find! I have been looking for it every time I go to the grocery store for the past week and I can't find it anywhere! And I don't know how to make it from scratch.. =]

    ReplyDelete