Monday, July 19, 2010

Paca, Paca, Paca!!

My son is 3 and still has a little trouble with certain words. He can't quite say "alpaca" so it comes out "paca".

And that's the word we heard all trip long! LOL. We went for our annual trip to Victory Ranch. It's a wonderful place where they sell and raise aplacas. There's so much fibery goodness there it's all I can do not to ask them to adopt me.

We left yesterday afternoon and took the high road to Taos. On the way there we stopped in Penasco for a little picnic. The drive is so pretty and the mountain air was blessedly cool.

Usually I never see any neat wild animals on these drives. But this time was different. First we saw a sweet little doe and I was pretty excited. Then my SIL says "Holy crap there's a bear!" And dude, there was a freaking bear about 100 yards from us! I've never been so "close" to a wild bear before. I shot a couple of pictures and we left. I'm a dork but I felt pretty special getting a to see that guy.

We stopped a few miles down the road and had our picnic. I took a ton of pictures, but no worries I'll only post....a few.


My H and I. The only pics we ever seem to have of ourselves are the goofy self portrait kind. Huh. Guess that really does show our personalities.

My daughter Bella sniffing a daisy.


Mathis getting a kiss from the 'pacas!!!


Souvenir yarn from Los Vigiles Fiber Studio in Chimayo, NM.


Royal Spinnery yarn that I bought from Victory Ranch.


No comments:

Post a Comment